Brittany's Reviews > Story of a Soul: The Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux

Story of a Soul by Thérèse de Lisieux

Nov 09, 11

Read from November 06 to 08, 2011

Although the writing style was a bit hard to follow, reading the story Saint Therese of Lisieux has profoundly changed my life. Coming to an understanding of her "little way" through her eyes and reading about her devotion to Christ and of her self sacrifice, her humility, and her total love of God has been monumental to me and my salvation.

This summer I was working at a day camp held at a Catholic school named after St. Therese. During this time I was struggling with my faith. There was a book inside the school next to a statue of her with a place for you to write prayers to her. I wrote in the book and asked her to help me find my faith. Because of her devotion to souls, I was able to come fully to a point where I could embrace my faith and I made the decision in August to start RCIA.

God led me to her story when I was looking up famous people. And then after reading about her, I learned that she died when she was only 24, which is my age.

I chose her as my saint for conformation because of her incredible faith. Read her story and you will understand.

Dear Little Flower of Lisieux, how wonderful was the short life you led.
Though cloistered, you went far and wide through fervent prayers and great sufferings. You obtained from God untold helps and graces for his evangelists. Help all missionaries in their work and teach all of us to spread Christianity in our own neighborhoods and family circles. Amen.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Story of a Soul.