Katherine's Reviews > Deadly Cool

liked it
bookshelves: murder-mystery-thiller
Read from March 14 to 18, 2012

RATING: 3.5 Out Of 5

The one thing that makes this novel is the humour. If it wasn't for the humour I would have stopped reading this cheesy, slightly childish-ly written novel. However I was laughing so often I just had to keep reading.

Great Funny quotes:

"Yeah? Well, at least my boyfriends not effing the president of the Chastity Club"

"Effing?"
"We're censoring now"

"Hey, I'm already driving the getaway car. I might as well be a full-blown accomplice"

"If we can get on the roof, it'll be easy to climb in the window."
"What are you ten? Who climbs on roofs?"

"His face a shade of pale that even a Twilight actor couldn't achieve"

"How come he could be a jerk, but when I was a jerk, stupid guilt took all the fun out of it?"

Best Scence:
Hartley hiding underneith Chase's bed.

The Plot:
So the story line stars Hartley (I love her name! Very unique) being our main girl, finds out her jock boyfriend is doing the president of the chastity club! When she goes to her boyfriends place to confront him and beat the crap out of him, she finds Courtney (Miss queen chastity herself) dead on his floor and strangled by iPod earphones (wow Halliday, that’s definitely a unique way to kill someone, and so modern too haha.) Convinced that her now ex-boyfriend Josh couldn’t be the killer Hartley and her best friend Sam take it upon themselves to become modern Nancy Drew's and find the real killer. With the help of a spunky hot emo guy who runs the schools newspaper.

Overall:
Even though this novel contained themes like sex and murder it was quite childish and the killers confession of why they killed Courtney, stupid! (I mean come on really?!) I wasn’t really buying it. But the book was a big bucket of laughs and a nice quick read, so i will be reading the next one: Social Suicide; hope it’s as funny as this one.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Cool.

03/18/2012 page 214

message 1: by Natasha (new) - added it

Natasha How is it so far??

Katherine Pretty good, very funny!!!

message 3: by Natasha (new) - added it

Natasha Great! I love the cover.

Courtney (Storybook Slayers) I agree with you on the ending. The humor made everything much more entertaining! Even through Hartley's idiotic attempts and cliched actions throughout the novel. Great review!

Katherine Haha thanks Courtney, yer i think the ending was a huge let down, it just wasn't believeable - or is that the point of this novel? Its supposed to be so far-fetched that its humorous? :S

Courtney (Storybook Slayers) That's what I was thinking. It really isn't a novel that should be taken with an air of seriousness. It's a go-with-the-flow novel, or so I took it as.