Amanda Croley's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Jan 22, 12

bookshelves: 5-star
Read in January, 2012

Oh hell, I love them!! Fifty and Ana have come full circle from the shy, naive girl who stumbles into his office, and the cold, calculating business man who is caught off guard. Their entire relationship is a roller coaster, but all is well that ends well. :)
They are finally married, and moving into a comfortable role with one another. It's obvious they are both delighted, especially because they continuously call one another Mr. or Mrs. Grey. As delighted as I am with this series, I am sad that it's over. I look forward to what James has in store for the future.
*****************Spoilers/ Recap**********************
Jack Hyde, Ana's ex boss, is discovered to be the person responsible for the sabotage of Charlie Tango. While away on their honeymoon, they are notified that an arson attempt was made on one of Christians properties. The police, and Christian's men are unable to locate him, and he isn't staying at his apartment. Ever protective Fifty increases security for all of the Grey's. After deliberately disobeying Fifty, and taking off with Kate for a few drinks, Hyde is caught in their apartment with all the supplies needed for a successful kidnapping. With him in jail, things begin to settle down a bit, until Ana learns she is pregnant. Christian flips the fuck out, and leaves the house. He returns a long time later, drunk as hell. While undressing him, and helping him into bed, she notices a text from Elena. The text says that she knows fifty will make a great father (or some such nonsense). Ana is irate that he would go to her when he has been refusing to speak with her. Feeling betrayed, and defeated she retreats to the upstairs room. Christian is beside himself when he can't find her in the morning, and is positive that she has left him. Still not speaking to one another, she continues to focus on work. While at the office she gets a call from Mia, only to discover Jack Hyde on the other end talking from Mia's phone. He tells her that he has Mia, and if she doesn't bring five million dollars in two hours he will kill her. He also warns her that if she tells anyone, he will know at once, and kill Mia immediately. She fakes sick, leaves work, and heads home. Once there she locates their joint checkbook, and her license, gives security the slip and heads out. The bank manager notifies Fifty that Ana is at the bank trying to withdraw a large amount of money. He immediately jumps to the conclusion that she is leaving him. Fearing he will flip out and endanger Mia, she agrees that she is leaving to keep him from suspecting the truth. Turns out Jack is working with Elizabeth from the office, she is helping him with his scheme because he has some kind of dirt on her. Once they arrive with the money, Jack knocks Ana around, not realizing that she brought Leila's gun with her. After shooting him in the knee, the cavalry arrives to save the day. Of course they make up, and all is well in the Grey household. The book ends with a fast forward in time. They are well settled in their new house, with their two year old son, and a baby girl on the way. Uggghhh I hate that it's over! I wish I could forget it, and read it over again! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jaqueline Did you get this on kindle?

Amanda Croley Yes, want me to loan it to you?

Jaqueline Please!

Amanda Croley Ok, just sent it!!

Amanda Croley Did you get it?

message 6: by Jaqueline (last edited Jan 26, 2012 08:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jaqueline Yes, finished it today. It wasn't my favorite in the series, but it was good. Thanks for letting me read it!