Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club)'s Reviews > The Demon Lover

The Demon Lover by Juliet Dark

Nov 29, 11

Read from November 22 to 30, 2011

Wow, I am in love with this book. The reason I decided to read it was all about the cover it is so pretty and the story inside totally lived up to that pretty cover.

So like I said I really had no idea what kind of book I was getting into and I was amazed at the story. We go to a small college town were Callie our heroine is offered a job. This town in layered with secrets. There are witches and fairies and sexy incubus and Callie herself is nothing near normal.

Callie grew up listening to her parents fairy tales but when they died when she was only 12 and in walked a shadowy figure in her dreams to tell her stories. After she starts her career path towards studying gothic literature and fairy tales the man in her dreams disappears. But when she goes to Fairwick he returns to her dreams but not to read fairy tales! And thank goodness for that!

There are so many things to tell you to make you read this. Upon arriving in Fairwick Callie is drawn to this abandon house that rests at the edge of these spooky woods. This is where she finds out her sexy toe curling dreams might not be dreams but actually an incubus. She also starts discovering the secrets of the town and reading the person who owned the house old stories. Now these stories she reads are crazy similar to Callies experience with the incubus and man are they hot!

Okay lets summarize the awesomeness of this book. Old house with some mystery and an attic filled with erotic untold stories from a well known author. Sexy incubus who visits Callie and has mind blowing sex. The town filled with so many different supernatural creatures there is no telling who is human. The spooky woods with hidden secrets. Callies role in it all. The new mystery man who walks into Fairwick. Theres a sickness draining the students and faculty.

Its just an awesome book. Some things I figured out early on but even when its revealed there was some nice added twists. The book is so well written it just has these vibe that pulls you in and doesn't let go. Its a must read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon Lover.

11/28/2011

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Jones I was thinking about buying this one, but figured it was just another YA read. Thank you soooo much for the wonderful review. You talked me into in...hehe

Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club) Oh its not a YA book. And I loved it. I read it on my kindle but I am dying to own it so I can have it on my bookshelf. I love the cover.

Stephanie Im currently reading this one myself (I got it off of netgalley) and I love it so far!