Hannah (The Irish Banana Review)'s Reviews > Vampire's Kiss

Vampire's Kiss by Veronica Wolff

Feb 15, 12

bookshelves: ya-paranormal-vampires
Read in February, 2012

I so love Veronica Wolff and her brilliant new spin on vampires. The second book in her Watchers series is full of the same heart-pounding action and seductive drama I came to love in Isle of Night. Vampire’s Kiss is a wonderful follow up.

Drew is just amazing. I love her wit and sarcasm; it really adds flavor to her narrative. She has this fantastic self-deprecating nature that keeps the story from getting too dark or too intense. Her inner monologues had me cracking up at several points, and she seems like the kind of girl I would really get along with.

The only drawback (and I don’t even know if one would call it that) is the fact that by the conclusion of book 2, Drew has four possible suitors. Four. I get the romantic triangles that seem to be necessary in books nowadays, but four? A love pentagon? For the record, I think I’m going Team Alcantara this time. I love their vibes, and they have this insane sexual chemistry that really jumps of the pages.

If you read Isle of Night, then you have a good idea of what’s in store for you in Vampire’s Kiss. Wolff is a solid storyteller with fresh new ideas and a knack for writing great action sequences. If you haven’t started this series, then what are you waiting for? Consider this your written invitation if that’s what you need.

**** Check my blog for a giveaway of this book! ****

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire's Kiss.