Ben's Reviews > Pirate Latitudes

Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton

Oct 10, 12

Read from March 15 to 22, 2012

I am bad at "critiquing" books, so if you read this please bear with me =)

First of all, I must say this, Crichton is a great author. Jurassic Park, Sphere and Timeline were all great books (just to name a few). With that being said, if you decide to read this based on his other books, it is definitely not one of his best. All of his other books involve some form of technology running a muck killing/destroying humanity (genetically grown dinos, "alien" sphere, shrinking machine). Pirate Latitudes is definitely missing this ,granted it takes place in the early days of colonization of the Americas, it just does not feel right reading one of his books with out some kind of techno background. However, I must give credit where credit is due. If you want to read this for the fun of it, it is highly recommended. It is action packed (not the same as his other books), great suspense, most definitely a page turner. Crichton's books are the only ones I can actually read in 2-3 days, Pirate Latitudes is no exception. Overall this is a great book, the only downside was it did not have the "normal" flare of his other creations.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pirate Latitudes.