Leea's Reviews > Beautiful Disaster

Jun 20, 12

bookshelves: young-adult
Read from November 09 to 11, 2011

Update June 2012

Sometimes when you don't comment on someones bad behavior after awhile it's like you're condoning that behavior. Because of Jamie McGuire's disturbing comments regarding negative reviews and her attacking those who have not liked Beautiful Disaster I cannot support this book anymore. I love reading and reviewing books. I do that because it's something that makes me happy. I believe that Goodreads should be a safe place for readers to write constructive reviews without the fear of authors bad mouthing them.

So, it's with great sadness that I reduce my rating of Beautiful Disaster. It's now left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Original Review November 2011

4 stars...

Can you say train wreck... Like one of those bystanders that cannot look away I was drawn into Beautiful Disaster and could not stop till the story was finished.

I can no longer say i'm not a fan of young Adult books anymore, I've finally found a few that have pulled me in and wont let me go.

I enjoyed the mature dialog that Abby 'Pidge' and Travis had. McGuire was able to build characters that had heart, were damaged but ultimately just wanted to be happy. Who can't relate to that? There is nothing like that first feeling of falling in love and I found myself having butterflies when Travis walked into a room.

Although, Travis and Abby had a very dysfunctional relationship to us on the outside for some reason it worked for them. They found security in the possessive nature of their want for each other and the love that they both needed. I for one cannot fault them for that.

So, read Beautiful Disaster because the title is so fitting.
35 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Disaster.

11/10/2011
65.0% "I can't put this book down... I'm a nervous wreck wondering what will happen. Travis, might be my dream man :)"

Carina Yay, you read this! Totally agree with you on this being a train wreck...a beautiful train wreck.
Travis *swoon*

Lisa Now I really can't wait to read it!! It's on my kindle now :) I like the cover with the tongue. Mine has the butterfly in a jar.

message 3: by Leea (new) - rated it 1 star

Leea Enjoy, Lisa... such a great book.

Shell Schroth Do we know if this is coming out in print?

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Because of Jamie McGuire's disturbing comments regarding negative reviews and her attaching those who have not liked Beautiful Disaster I cannot support this book anymore. I love reading and reviewing books. I do that because it's something that makes me happy. I believe that Goodreads should be a safe place for readers to write constructive reviews without the fear of authors bad mouthing them.

That's bad behavior / bad manners. It's about being intolerant and not showing any respect for other people's opinion. You did the right thing, Leea!!

message 6: by Leea (new) - rated it 1 star

Leea Thank You! Well, i've held back for such a long time because I had hoped that she would stop. It looks like that's not going to happen.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Leea wrote: "Thank You! Well, i've held back for such a long time because I had hoped that she would stop. It looks like that's not going to happen."

I'd say this author is very immature and narrow-minded. Not my kind of people I'd like to interact. :-(

Duchess Nicole Does she not realize that she's alienating the very group of people who are potential buyers? Honestly, I had heard so many good things about this book...right up until she started trolling and commenting on negative reviews. Now all I hear is how she is such a poor sport. She needs to let it lie. I still haven't read it, though it's been rec'd to me after both Fifty and Thoughless.

message 9: by Fawn (new)

Fawn Leeah, that is the same reason I haven't read the Wilderness series. I saw a post where she was just slamming Outlander Fans and if I remember right something not that nice about Daina whom she is supposed to be friends with. Just very immature and obviously can't take criticism (which is hard I know) but if your going to write for the public you have to take their opinions the good and the bad. I don't think authors have to agree with a criticism, but be gracious that some one took the time 1 to read your book and 2 to take the time to give their opinion.

message 10: by Leea (new) - rated it 1 star

Leea Yeah, I know a lot of people were put off by Sara Donati comments. I read the series before I knew what she said and in comparison to what McGuire has done it seems so minimal. Donati did still call Outlander fans 'Rabid' but I didn't take offense to that, I am a rabid outlander fan. lol!

The whole point is, you should be able to read whatever book you want and review it without getting rude comments from the author.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) You go girl.

Olivia ツ Lol at your tattoo comment. Some people thought it was sweet, I thought it was ridiculous!

Paula Funny enough, I met JM at Book Bash in Orlando a few weeks ago, and she was a total b!tch! While all the other authors were graciously allowing photos (even the really shy authors...even the really tired authors) JM was griping about the flash. You should see a photo I have of her...right in the middle of her complaining...

message 14: by Leea (new) - rated it 1 star

Leea Oh that's crazy. I'd love to see that picture. I'm sorry she was like that. How fun you got to go to Book Bash, i've never been to a book convention before.

Melissa Just read your review and have to comment. She is a huge hypocrite. My stepdaughter posted her book on a website because she didn't realize piracy is wrong. JM was a bitch and threatened me on Facebook since my kid used my account to post. The hypocrisy is that she goes full force against people who violate her copyright rights but in her self published version of the book she clearly stole and violated copyright laws with her writing a scene with a huge portion of Rolling Stones song. She threatened me for the innocence of teenager but she can violate others rights. I've heard of other encounters people have with her. She is mean to fans other than the rabbid ones who attack others for her.

Sindra Pallet I really despised this book, great review!