Matt Bradley's Reviews > The Camel Club

The Camel Club by David Baldacci

M_50x66
Nov 06, 11

Read from October 28 to November 05, 2011

I liked this book for the most part. It was suspenseful and held my interest. It was a good mystery with not a ton of swearing or gore, although there is some killing. I did find it a little too much hit you over the head on the whole Muslim/Christian thing. At times it felt like the author really wanted to make a political point, which is all fine and good, but it got old.

Also, at times it was pretty unbelievable. A lot of the characters are hard to relate to. You have the good guy who was once a really bad guy - ok, fine and good. But then you have the bad guys that are trying to do good but making stupid choices and then the bad guys who are just evil. But the part that was annoying is how these supposedly really smart people keep making really dumb decisions. And then there is the super-human guy who can tell when someone completely hidden has a gun drawn on him somehow with his amazing 6th sense. This same guy can punch a person against a car so hard that it dents the car. I mean, come on. Let's at least have human beings in the story.

So, it was good, not great. I was kind of excited to get to the end so I could start my next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Camel Club.