Allison Kraft's Reviews > Die for Me

Die for Me by Amy Plum

Oct 28, 11

Read in October, 2011

Die For Me is a promising start to a new paranormal romance series. And for once, it's not about vampires, werewolves or angels! I loved the idea of the revenants, though I admit I didn't really think of them as "zombies" much while I was reading the book. Maybe it's because my idea of a zombie is the Walking Dead kind, which these definitely aren't.

The best thing about this book, to me, was the setting. Paris is my absolute favorite city, and I love books set there. I've been there twice, so I could clearly visualize everywhere Kate went, even though I might not have been to those specific cafes or buildings. The general atmosphere of the location was perfect, and I found myself constantly wishing I could go back and see it all again.

Vincent, while a little stalky at times, was still a swooningly wonderful hero, and while I understand that some people didn't warm up to Kate that much, she didn't really bother me. She was grieving her parents, and I never felt like occasional her gloomy outlook was all that bad. It felt natural to me. I can see how some might compare her to Bella from Twilight, but I didn't find myself anywhere near as irritated by Kate as I am by Bella! I liked Kate, I liked Vincent, and I liked pretty much all of the supporting cast as well. There aren't many books I can say that about.

All in all, I thought this was a great book, and I'm eager for the next to come out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Die for Me.