Auntee's Reviews > Sins of Summer: A Midsummer's Night Steam

Sins of Summer by Annmarie McKenna

Oct 13, 09

bookshelves: anthologies-novellas, erotic-romance, ménage, 2009_reads
Recommended for: Fans of erotic romance anthologies featuring menages
Read in October, 2009

Sins of Summer: A Midsummer's Night Steam is a smokin’ hot little anthology that mostly lived up to its steamy, sinful title with each of the four stories featuring some kind/combination of menage. I read three of the four stories, only skipping Marie Harte’s futuristic story because futuristic just isn’t my thing. Maybe I’ll pick that story up somewhere down the line, but the remaining three were more than hot enough to make this an enjoyable read. Of course you must be willing to ask no questions, toss out your yeah-this-can-never-happen beliefs, and just kick back and let yourself be entertained, or these will never work for you…

In Annmarie McKenna’s Fantasmagorical, lovers Gabe and Lance work at Gabe’s uncle’s private sex resort on Fantasm Island in the Caribbean. Gabe and Lance are looking for a female ‘third’ in their love relationship, and they think they may have found her in petite brunette vacationer Evan.

Evan, who’s at the secret resort with a girlfriend for a week, wants to experience some sexual fantasies--she wants to be dominated and she wants to be part of a M/F/M menage. When hunky alphas Gabe and Lance ‘claim’ her, Evan’s in for the sexual time of her life. But is she willing to take the week-long partnership to a more permanent level?

This one was a little ‘out there’ in plausibility and not much time was spent on character development, and left me with some unanswered questions. But if you’re willing to put that aside and just roll with it (and focus on the hotness of the relationship), you’ll enjoy it. 3 ½ stars
Warning: This story contains explicit sex, including oral and anal, M/M love, M/F/M menage, light spanking, and use of a sex toy.

In Mackenzie McKade’s Take Me, California rich girl Cait, daughter of bully horse rancher George Culver, has always yearned for not-so-rich cattle rancher Cord Daily. Daddy thinks bad boy Cord (and his reputation) is no good for his daughter, so ships her off to her mother in Paris for 2 years. Cait’s almost 21 now, and she wants her crack at 24 year old Cord. But winning Cord may mean that she’ll have to take on his bad boy cousin Dolan as well. Can she do it?

Cord always desired the beautiful Cait, but before anything could happen between them, her father shipped her out of the country. Cord knows he’s not in the same financial league as her father, but a lucky gamble in a card game results in him being the proud new owner of a race horse who’s a potential gold mine. Now that Cait’s back in town, things are looking up. It’s time to find out if he can win her over, and not just for one night. Cait may just be the one who can cure his bad boy ways and have him thinking about one woman--forever. But will her father, who’s out to get his hands on Cord’s race horse, come between them again?

Hot little story here, but would have been much better if it was developed into novel length--it left me wanting more. What was presented was well done, the menage scenes were hot, but at the end of the story I said “that’s it?” I just wished there was more, because I enjoyed all the characters. 4 stars
Warning: This story contains explicit language and sex, including oral and anal, M/F/M menage, and light restraint with leather cords.

Dawn Halliday’s interracial story, Honeymoon Castaways, is just what the title suggests, except with a twist. A couple from Miami, Dave (who’s white) and Cat (Puerta Rican), newly married and on their way to their honeymoon in Jamaica, are flown there in a small private plane by their best friend Andreas (who’s black). The plane has engine trouble, they crash land on a deserted island in the Caribbean, and have to wait to see if anyone heard their mayday calls. While waiting to get rescued, Cat and Dave get on with the honeymoon activities, Andreas inadvertently spies on them ‘in the act’ and gets all hot and bothered. He’s always secretly fantasized about Cat, but would never want to come between her and best friend Dave’s relationship. But after Cat and Dave have a little talk together about noticing how Andreas ‘saw’ them, they decide to make him an offer he finds impossible to refuse.

This turned out to be quite a little scorcher, and DH gave just enough background details about the characters to make me care about them. Strangely enough I found myself caring about sweet Andreas the most--probably because there’s potential for him to be really hurt in the future. This one was fast and white-hot, and if you can put your “I’ll-go-with-it-and-see-where-it-takes-me” hat on, then you’ll be entertained…and maybe turned on. 4 ½ stars
Warning: This story contains explicit language and sex, including oral and anal, voyeurism and exhibitionism, and M/F/M menage. Not for the faint of heart.

If you're looking for some entertaining, fast paced and white hot menage stories, this anthology will be sure to please. Nothing terribly deep or thought-provoking, just a lusty good time. 4 star average for the anthology.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sins of Summer.

10/11/2009 page 1
10/12/2009 page 1
0.36% "Finished the little scorcher by Dawn Halliday, now on to another..." 1 comment
10/13/2009 page 1
0.36% "On to the third story now..."
10/13/2009 page 280
100.0% "Pretty hot anthology...review coming"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shawna (new) - added it

Shawna Ooooh...this sounds goood!

Auntee I'll let you know!:)

message 3: by Shawna (last edited Oct 12, 2009 04:51PM) (new) - added it

Shawna Coolio...Thx! :)

message 4: by Rane (new)

Rane Great Review Auntee!

*tries to say Fantasmagorical three times fast*

message 5: by Shawna (new) - added it

Shawna Great review Auntee! *clicks purchase button* :)