Megan Baker's Reviews > George Shrinks

George Shrinks by William Joyce

Oct 28, 11

bookshelves: children-s-literature
Read in September, 2011

George Shrinks is a work of fantasy and is intended for primary readers. George the main character wakes up to find that he has shrunk. His parents left a list of things for George to do while they are gone. George has to complete all of these things while his is small. George has fun completing his chores because he can do fun things like ride on top of the sponge while he does the dishes.
I gave George Shrinks three stars because there was not much to the plot. George didn't have trouble doing any of his chores while he was small and I would have liked to have seen a climax in the story. The illustrations were colorful and full of detail. They also give you the sense that your small and everything around you is much larger. There was not much to the text, only a few words on each page that describes what George must do. For example "and take a bath" is on one page. I would have liked to read more about the adventure George had to go through to take a bath. I believe that children would find this book appealing because the idea of someone shrinking is unrealistic and children enjoy the idea of something unrealistic happening.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read George Shrinks.