Miss's Reviews > The Wizard of Oz

The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

Mar 04, 13

bookshelves: children, lektira, fantasy
Read on March 04, 2013 — I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wizard of Oz.

Quotes Miss Liked

L. Frank Baum
“You have plenty of courage, I am sure," answered Oz. "All you need is confidence in yourself. There is no living thing that is not afraid when it faces danger. The true courage is in facing danger when you are afraid, and that kind of courage you have in plenty.”

L. Frank Baum
“There is no place like home.”

L. Frank Baum
“Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.
- Wizard”

L. Frank Baum
“Now I know I've got a heart because it is breaking.
- Tin Man”

L. Frank Baum
“Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't you think?”

L. Frank Baum
“A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others”

L. Frank Baum
“How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
I don't know, but some people without brains do an awful lot of talking.”

L. Frank Baum
“You people with hearts,' he said once, 'have something to guide you, and need never do wrong; but I have no heart, and so I must be very careful.”

L. Frank Baum
“No matter how dreary and gray our homes are, we people of flesh and blood would rather live there than in any other country, be it ever so beautiful. There is no place like home.”

L. Frank Baum
“If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with.”

L. Frank Baum
“If your heads were stuffed with straw, like mine, you would probably all live in the beautiful places, and then Kansas would have no people at all. It is fortunate for Kansas that you have brains.”

L. Frank Baum
“I think you are wrong to want a heart. It makes most people unhappy. If you only knew it, you are in luck not to have a heart.”

L. Frank Baum
“I cannot understand why you should wish to leave this beautiful country and go back to the dry, gray place you call Kansas."
"That is because you have no brains," answered the girl. "No matter how dreary and gray our homes are, we people of flesh and blood would rather live there than in any other country, be it ever so beautiful. There is no place like home."
The Scarecrow sighed.
"Of course I cannot understand it," he said. "If your heads were stuffed with straw, like mine, you would probably all live in beautiful places, and then Kansas would have no people at all. It is fortunate for Kansas that you have brains.”

03/04/2013 page 102