Deanne's Reviews > Time Untime

Aug 30, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: to-read, sherrilyn-kenyon
Read in August, 2012

I am a huge Kenyon fan and I have read every single book of hers in every series and I was thrilled when the book finally came out and I started reading it as soon as I picked up the book . Of course Ms.Kenyon delivers another fantastic novel!!! Even though I am not a huge fan of American Indian culture and the way Ms.Kenyon wrote it made it tantalizing to the mind.

But now I just can't wait for Styxx's book to come out

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time Untime.

Quotes Deanne Liked

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Life is messy, Ren. It's not easy and it's definitely not for the timid. Everyone has a past.”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Most men die many times in their lives. The man we become invariably slaughters the child we once were. His knowledge of the world murders the babe's innocence.

from Time Untime by Sherrilyn Kenyon”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Life is messy, Ren. It's not easy and it's definitely not for the timid. Everyone has a past. Things that stab them right between the eyes. Old grudges. Old shame. Regrets that steal your sleep and leave you awake until you fear for your own sanity. Betrayals that make your soul scream so loud you wonder why no one else hears it. In the end, we are all alone in that private hell. But life isn't about learning to forgive those who have hurt you or forgetting the past. It's about learning to forgive yourself for being human and making mistakes. Yes, people disappoint us all the time. But the harshest lessons come when we disappoint ourselves. When we put our trust and our hearts into the hands of the wrong person and they do us wrong. And while we may hate them for what they did, the one we hate most is ourself for allowing them into our private circle. How could I have been so stupid? How could I let them deceive me? We all go through that. It's humanity's brotherhood of misery.”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“If we're lucky, we find the one person who will hold our trust and keep it sacred and safe against all attackers. That one soul who will restore our belief that people are decent and kind, and that life, while messy, is still the most wondrous gift anyone can know. But until that day comes, we have to try and remember that home isn't a specific place or person. It's a feeling we carry inside ourselves. That touch of the divine that lights a fire inside us that burns out the past and consumes the pain until nothing is left but a warmth that allows us to love others more than ourselves. A warmth that only grows when we do right even while others seek to do us wrong. Peace is knowing that one life, no matter how trivial it seems, touches thousands of others, and learningto respect that about all people. While you may not mean much to the world, to those who know and love you, you are their entire world. And it is knowledge that no one can hurt you unless you allow them to. The only power they have isn't something they're taken or demanded. It's what we give them by choice. And while it is imperative that we value the lives of others, it is equally important to value our own.”

08/25/2012 page 267