Denesha Shell's Reviews > Dirty South

Dirty South by Phillip Thomas Duck

U 50x66
Oct 28, 11

Recommended to Denesha by: my sister
Recommended for: read the next book
Read from January 01 to October 26, 2011, read count: one

** spoiler alert ** In The book "Dirty South" was basically about a teenage girl name Kenya who dated one of the most popular cute boy. Donnell and Kenya have been in a relationship for quite a few time. By him being the most popular boy everyone envy and did everything they could to take Kenya's spot of being his girlfriend. As Donnelland Kenya's relationship status one minute going from sugar to dirty she was always there for him and vise versal.Kenya's brother Eric would work with superstars for example he worked with Lupe Fiasco and a couple of other artists trying to become and better his dreams. Kenya was the type of girl all the boys wanted to date and all the girls wanted to be. Donnell is the type of man women dream of marrying after they've wrecked their lives chasing after bad boys. Eric is the type of person that always kept himself up and did anything for his dream/career. The main conflict is basically about her brother's music career its always drama somehow with. It never fails and by her being his sister she had to always be stuck in teh middle of the drama. The author ended the book with Lupe and his crew on his tour bus riding to his show being shot at.I somewhat liked the ending because it left me wondering what was going to happen next and the fact how I wasn't able to stop reading this book. This book reminds me of a movie ,but instead of the movie charater being shot at, somebody lit their house on fire. The main character loved rapping also and did whatever he could to make a bigger and better career.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty South.