John Egbert's Reviews > Silence

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

“Fine! I'll throw on some clothes. Turn around. I'm in my pj's"

"I'm a guy. That's like asking a kid not to glance at the candy counter.”

(Nora and Patch quote.)

Oh, yeah, because, hell, why expect guys not to peep at you while you're changing? That's just ridiculous. They're like children, you see. And you're like candy for him. They can't help themselves, don't be stupid. THEY R MENZZ. DUHHHH.

I'm officially offended on behalf of males everywhere.

No way am I reading this shit. Not even for the lulz.
26 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silence.

03/18 marked as: not-in-a-gazillion-years

Comments (showing 1-22)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 22: by P. (new)

P. ...
I'm also offended, and I'm not a man.

This is just sad.

message 21: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert Very, very sad indeed Palice.

Sandy Not that this matters but that was a Nora and Scott quote xP.

message 19: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert Sandy wrote: "Not that this matters but that was a Nora and Scott quote xP."

Oh, thank you! Where I had read it, it said that it was Nora and Patch.

message 18: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert I don't know who Scott is, though.

Sandy He is an old friend of Nora's introduced in the second book. Well more like old aquaintence.

Skittles I'm also offended for kids everywhere too. Not all children look at the candy counter.

message 15: by Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) (last edited Dec 17, 2011 01:52PM) (new) - added it

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) What I don't like is how desirable the author makes Nora...as if she is ZOMG SO HAWT that no guy with eyes will be able to control themselves when they're within shooting distance of her...

*scowls on behalf of all ugly-to-average teen girls out there who are so infuriatingly under-represented in YA literature, even though most of the girls reading this WILL be average, because only a few teen girls have evolved into beautiful young women at the age group this book's aimed at*

Fail, Becca Fitzpatrick.

Just - ...FAIL.

message 14: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "I'm also offended for kids everywhere too. Not all children look at the candy counter."

Such stereotyping! It's abhorrent.

message 13: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert Mel wrote: "What I don't like is how desirable the author makes Nora...as if she is ZOMG SO HAWT that no guy with eyes will be able to control themselves when they're within shooting distance of her...

*scowl..."

*holds up award* Take it, dear Mel, take it. You are awesome.

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) Why, thank you :)

But how true is it? When was the last time you read of a non-gorgeous girl being the main character (especially in paranormal series, for some reason..*scowls at Bella/Luce/Clary/Lena etc etc...*)

It's like the authors are basically fulfilling their own desires to be beautiful and gorgeous and oh-so-hot to the opposite sex through their leading "heroines".

Which is just - ............yeah.

Words fail me.

message 11: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert Thank you for commenting :D

Well, there are always the fake average girls, yet they have every single man alive chasing after them so they're obviously not average after all >.>

Author avatars is what they're called. I'd say they can be the failure of a book, because if you connect too much with your main character you'll start to coddle her.

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) As said by the amazing Rory,

description

Now THIS is why I love that show.

And, of course, this hot-a-thon need not only apply to the female gender...sometimes the "heroes" are only there to look pretty...

description

Ah, that Twilight. It just never ceases to amaze me.

message 9: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert Which show is that? Whatever it is, it looks awesome.

And oh, yes, both hero and heroine should be equally competent.

Hilarious, yet truthful, picture XD

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) The first pic is from Gilmore Girls..amazing show

And Mello---

*gives stern look*

I notice that you haven't done quote marks around those two words to convey sarcasm...

BAD Mello. *slaps hand* BAD Mello.

It is offensive to the real heroes and heroines to compare the exhibits above with THEM. Case in point:

description

and this one's just for giggles:

description

Sorry, but I am currently in a Twilight FAIL phase, and like to randomly shove some caption pics into every comment I make on this website...I think it's becoming an addiction.

Oh, and by the way,

description

So creepy it's brilliant. (sorry! couldn't resist throwing a last one in there...but aren't you glad I did, so you can have homosexual thoughts of a wizard and a stalker-y vampire haunt you for the rest of the day??)

:D

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) And ZOMG, what about Bella, like, right??

She is TOTES going to pull that old comatose trick, like, yeah, , duh, right? But he's only, like, got those golden eyes on that cute little wizard, like, right?

Like, AWESOME!

(Even the Harry-Edward combination is less disturbing and fail than the Edward-Bella one)

message 6: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert Oh god, you're right! I'm sorry! "Hero" and "heroine"...there. I can't believe I made a mistake like that. *shakes head sadly*

Oh, I don't mind, I don't mind at all! *bursts into fits of laughter* I love Twilight FAIL more than my would be children. Okay, maybe not that much, but still.

Harry/Stalker!Edward!Cedric is my new favorite HP crack ship.

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) HAHAHA that stalker one is my favourite too.

You know something's wrong when a relationship like the one above of Harry and Cedric/Edward is less disturing and a fail than the Edward-Bella combo...

I'd actually love to read a story about Edward turning gay and hitting on Jacob, or something.

Uh-um..

Seriously. Even JACOB and Edward are better than Edward-Bella.
But it seems that Bella has finally found out what Edward really is....

[image error]

UH-OH. BUSTED.

And a little sexual tension never hurt anyone, right?

description

Ooh. Nice comeback. This is why I so love Twilight haters. They are all geniuses.

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) And one for prosperity's sake (whatever that means...)

Ha.

Sandy These captions are killing me LMAO xD.

message 2: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert GOD I'M DYING OVER HERE XD

Indeed we are genius, indeed we are.

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) Because of pictures like the ones above, I am FOREVER grateful for Stephenie Meyer for creating such FABULOUS characters to poke fun at..

Like I've said a hundred times before, I love me some funnies at the TWIts' expenses.

description

OhmyGod. That last picture of Edward is HIDEOUS. He's usually such a beautiful man, but come on! Somebody get him some constipation pills!