Megan Baker's Reviews > Santa Got Stuck in the Chimney

Oct 28, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: children-s-literature
Read in September, 2011

Santa Got Stuck in the Chimney is a book of poetry that is intended for primary readers. This book is composed of twenty different poems that all deal with different events around Christmas time. For instance there is a poem about shopping at the mall as well as a poem for a snow day.
I rated this book three stars because I am not a big fan of poetry. I enjoy books that tell a story, and although some poetry can tell a story, this book in particular did not. The poems were well written and were funny, which is why I think children would enjoy this book. Also children would find this book appealing because many children enjoy Christmas themed books. This would be a good book to read to children when they are learning about poetry in school. The illustrations in this book are colorful and very cartoon like. The poems in this book also have rhymes in them, which is also another reason I think children would enjoy this book. Children enjoy reading books when they can predict what rhyming word might come next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Santa Got Stuck in the Chimney.