Amy's Reviews > Across The Hall

Across The Hall by N.M. Facile

Oct 31, 11

bookshelves: have-on-nook
Read from October 29 to 31, 2011

Across The Hall started strong. The main characters Sylvia and Quinn were likable enough and their backstory led to some drama filled scenes that kept me wanting more. Told in alternating points of view (which I always love) we were able to experience the thoughts and feelings of both Sylvia and Quinn seeing each other again since their breakup years earlier, sparks flying all over the place! I really loved all the secondary characters and the bad boy Beau was the perfect bit of conflict needed to stir up some Trouble and feelings from the past.

But then I'm not really sure what happened....a little over 60% in everything kind of stalled. The plot slowed down to a crawl and I found myself wanting to skip pages hoping to get back to the juicy storyline I was just in. The steamy scenes which at first fit In great and were pretty toe curling, began to seem forced and could have been implied to get the same affect.

With that said, Facile seemed to find her rhythm again and the story began to find it's pace in time for a sweet ending. I do think overall Facile has a talent for writing contemporary romance and will keep an eye out for future reads by her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Across The Hall.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Fred That was quick!

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy I know. I don't know why I bother trying to stick to an order of what to read next. I always end up moving books up depending on the mood I'm in at any given moment. Oh well.

Fred Either this was really good or it was a rainy day there!

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy More like a sick day. Little one has fever and just wants to lay on my lap watching TV.

It is pretty good though. More a contemp romance than YA with some pretty steamy scenes.

Fred "Wiggles eyebrows"

message 6: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Ha Ha! Yup. Bow chicky bow wow!

Fred As I believe you once said, "toe curling action!" I'm gonna call it TCA from now on, for short.

message 8: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars