Taja Meadows's Reviews > Hidden

Mar 08, 14

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, vampire-young-adult, 5-stars
Read from October 16 to 19, 2012

Hidden was yet another AMAZING installment of the House of Night series. ♥

In so many of the HoN books, you get the struggle between good and evil. Many of the earlier books had main characters really struggling with their righteousness. Zoey lied to her friends all the time and they bickered like children all the time and there was boy-drama. Several books ago, the series seemed to be making a slight change from immature to mature with the characters slowly realizing that they need to be more honest and forthright with one another. This book was a cake topper of that sort in my opinion.

Kalona, Rephaim, & Aurox are some of the most interesting characters to me. (view spoiler) Aurox is really interesting to read about because Heath was so memorable.(view spoiler)

Ahhh... these books are such a guilty pleasure. They are they most typical YA books imaginable: short reads, lots of drama, directed toward A.D.D. attention spans so they have way too much going on in a short period of time, cheesy romance,... and yet, I love the crap out of them!

I cannot wait for the next installment next year..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden.

Quotes Taja Liked

P.C. Cast
“but before they could do anything this bright light zapped them.” I paused, thinking through my panic. “Actually, the zapping light was kinda like Sookie’s fairy-light-thing. Do you think there’s any chance I’m a fairy?” “No, Z. Focus. True Blood is fiction.”
P.C. Cast, Hidden

Kristin Cast
“He had been fashioned when the sky kissed the sun. Just as I had been fashioned when the sky kissed the moon. The sky, like most immortals, is a fickle bastard who took as he pleased and then paid no attention to the offspring he left behind.”
Kristin Cast, Hidden

10/16/2012 page 0
0.0% "House of Night book 10, baby! Hidden just downloaded to my Kindle while I was sleeping at Midnight and I am so excited!!! I am totally going to read-the-crap out of this books, all other currently-reading titles aside, move over for Zoey, Stark and the gang!!!!!!!!!!! :D"
10/17/2012
28.0% "Wow, the book didn't waste any time delving right into the drama. OMG I am seriously excited to see what they do with Aurox, his character is the best and I was sure - before now - that nothing could trump my interest in Stark (who I still love)."