Dana*aka Assassin*'s Reviews > This Side of the Grave

This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Apr 05, 2012

Read from November 23 to 25, 2011

Love this series! Started off a bit slow, but it was good to see Mencheres and Kira again, along with Vlad (he's got to be one of my faves, can't wait to read his story later) A plethora of witty quotes, I love the way J. Frost writes...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Side of the Grave.

Quotes Dana*aka Assassin* Liked

Jeaniene Frost
“See?” I’d whispered to Bones, nudging him with a grin. “He never argues with her. Isn’t that sweet?”
A snort preceded his response. “Keep dreaming, pet.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Kitten, your hands are heaven and your eyes are my home.”
tags: love

Jeaniene Frost
“She seemed to be a nice person, too, instead of a homicidal bitch like his former wife. Otherwise, the world should fear. When Mencheres fell for a woman, he fell hard. If Kira asked for her own continent as a birthday present, Mencheres would probably have one conquered for her before she blew out her candles.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Much slower, I turned around to see Vlad examining his fingernails, as if his hands weren't still ablaze in the flames that had blasted the ghoul's head off moments before.
'what the hell was that?' I gasped.
'Premature inflammation,' He replied. 'Happens sometimes. Very embarrassing, I don't like to talk about it.' ”

Jeaniene Frost
“Brush teeth. Wash hair. Rule undead world with an iron fist.”

Jeaniene Frost
“You’re not going to let her do this, are you?” Bones snorted. “Let her? Mate, if you think you can control a woman, you must be single—-and a thousand pounds says she beats your arse.”

Jeaniene Frost
“I think this’ll definitely tide me over while we’re apart,”Bones laughed, dragging me into his arms with far more strength and quickness than was fair, considering I still had trouble making my limbs operate.
“Oh, Kitten,” he murmured as his lips dragged down my throat. “You didn’t really think we were done, did you?”

Jeaniene Frost
“No one believes you’re serious until bodies start to fall. -Vlad”

Jeaniene Frost
“Kitten, four hours of sleep while holding you is far more beneficial to me than eight hours of endless tossing and turning because you're not there. -Bones from This Side of the Grave”
tags: sweet

Jeaniene Frost
“The image I'd had of myself as a child was someone I'd never be, and it was only recently that I realized it was okay to be who I was. - Cat”

Jeaniene Frost
“Sneaky, manipulating, merciless bloodsucker . . .” A chuckle drifted up to me. “Pillow talk already? You’ll have me hard before we’re even back in our room...”

Jeaniene Frost
“The day your kind stops killing each other over skin colour or which God someone prays to, I might believe that.”

“Less bitching...more learning.”

Jeaniene Frost
“If this was a dick measuring contest, I found myself thinking numbly, then I was Pee Wee and she was John Holmes.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Sweet bleedin' hell, luv, this was a smashing idea.”
tags: bones

Jeaniene Frost
“All the rest of the world could only kill or devastate my mind and body. Bones alone held the power to demolish my soul.”