Splage's Reviews > Starting Over

Starting Over by Marie Force

I so enjoyed this whole trilogy and highly recommend it! Marie Force is a favorite author of mine because her stories are deeper, a little edgier in plot line (this one was about and alcoholic) and evoke so much emotion from me - I can always count on a good cry and an uplifting HEA. She is also the queen of Love at First Sight story lines, which I don't always want, sometimes I like the "I love you's" to take awhile, but sometimes they are exactly what I need.

Starting Over has two, slightly three love stories intertwined. The main one is Brandon O'Malley, who was introduced in book 2 when his brothers took him to rehab. It was a very touching part of this book to watch him go through all the steps and stages. I didn't feel some of the conclusions Brandon came to as to what caused his downward spiral were as strong as I felt necessary, but I loved how his family rallied around him (both good and bad) and supported him. The scene stealer for me was Mike, the 5 year old daughter of Daphne, Brandon's love interest. She was so adorable, with her blond ringlets, chubby legs, and boys name. What was the best was that Brandon fell in love with her first and she just melted his heart with her love. There also was a love story for the two other brothers which was good, nothing too deep in development though.

Treading Water (Book 1) was my favorite story of the series, but I LOVED the epilogue at the end of Starting Over. A bunch of books I have read lately have had some incredible epilogues. When an author really takes the time, as in this series, to give you a thorough HEA, it makes me want to read everything on her book list. And this Epilogue was the bomb and had to reread it a couple of times because it was so good, yet a little sad.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starting Over.

01/11/2012 page 55 "Note to self- don't read this out in public. Everyone thinks I am nuts because I was crying at the hair salon. All because of the letters to Brandon from his family." 2 comments