Jess's Reviews > Switched

Nov 25, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011, first-reads-goodreads-giveaways, ya
Read from November 23 to 25, 2011

This one was okay for me, there were some things I thought were interesting and other things that I disliked and resulted in me rating the book as 3 stars and not higher.

I liked that the topic of the book was about a character that I haven't read much about. Trolls were the subject and they were described in a much different manner than I've seen before. That was definitely a plus. I also liked the world that the author created where the trolls lived. Wendy was a character that I liked but also had some issues with. She seemed like a really spoiled brat at the beginning of the story and that actually did kind of continue through the book but there were times when she did show her feelings towards other characters in a positive way and she seemed like a good heroine. But most of the time she just kind of whined about how unfair her life was, which got old pretty quick. Finn is still an enigma to me, he's so unhappy sometimes and then all of a sudden would turn into a charming and sensual character. Not much was told about him so it made it hard for me to connect with him in any kind of meaningful way. And this was really the main problem of the book. There were so many questions brought up and yet no answers were given. Characters weren't developed fully and therefore it was hard to understand why things were going on and what the motivations and intentions were of everyone.

I will read the next in the book just to see if things will be explained and also because I am curious about what happens to Wendy and whether she will figure out more about this new world around her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Switched.