~ Becs ~'s Reviews > Baby It's Cold Outside

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary-romance, kindle-freebie, small-town-romance
Recommended for: Fans of Toni Blake, Robyn Carr, Jill Shalvis
Read from November 05 to 08, 2011

This is a pretty cute little romance set in the snowy town of Indigo in Alaska. Sloan is a very middle class New Yorker who, much to the horror of her mother, is over 30 and as yet unwed.

Her friend Grier has gone to Indigo to resolve an inheritance issue with the Father she never knew and calls on Sloan to come and visit her. Sloan agrees and her and Grier befriend Avery who works in the local hotel/bar. These 3 girls will feature as the heroines of the 3 novels (so far) of the Alaska Nights trilogy.

So, this novel is the story of Walker and Sloan. Walker is a resolute bachelor and is also Grier's lawyer. His best friend Mick is a local pilot and Roman completes the triumvirate and these will be the heroes of the books. Their grandmother's organise an annual Bachelorette competition where single woman compete for the eligible bachelors of Indigo.

Sloan arrives in town just in time for the competition and is persuaded by Walker to enter the competition. The competition is just a backdrop to the burgeoning romance between Walker and Sloan. Sloan becomes more and more charmed by Indigo and, of course, Walker who has major commitment issues due to the philandering of his father.

The romance was sweet, they fell in love very quickly, I thought and,of course, denied their feelings almost until the bitter end. The biggest problem I had was seeing LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian in the roles - couldn't get that awful TV movie out of my mind and it seriously hindered my ability to recreate this world in my imagination. I got past it in the end but not until half way through the book.

So - cute, light, fluffy - nothing too challenging - an enjoyable read.

3 stars contemporary romance

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baby It's Cold Outside.

Quotes ~ Becs ~ Liked

Addison Fox
“Jane Austen had it wrong, Sloan McKinley thought miserably as the black Lincoln Town Car drove her ever closer to the bright lights of the George Washington Bridge and the Manhattan streets she called home. A man in possession of a good fortune only wanted to get laid.”
Addison Fox, Baby It's Cold Outside

6.0% "Gotta love a book that starts "Jane Austen had it wrong. A man in possession of a good fortune only wanted to get laid.""
31.0% "Ack - can't seem to get away from seeing LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian in these roles. It's totally affecting my ability to create the scenes in my imagination - all I can see is that awful TV movie. :-("