Amaris Jimenez's Reviews > Anathema

Anathema by Megg Jensen

Oct 27, 11

Read in October, 2011

I actually won Anathema through GoodReads' giveaways which I found to be an amazing opportunity. To say the least- I read the book in a day. It is an easy read, with a hook of a storyline that digs in deep (though sometimes I wanted that very same hook to dig in deeper). I do wish the writing was a little more polished: more diverse vocabulary / more intriguing dialogue (I am a sucker for incredible dialogue) on and so forth- that said- it all boils down to the characters and the relationship the reader develops with them. The fact that I was despising the antagonist, whilst feeling lost/confused about loyalties of the surrounding characters alongside the protagonist, made me a firm believer in the author, Megg Jensen. Her development of Reychel and what she wishes Reychel to represent and convey is extremely clear (and what an incredibly beautiful character she is); Jensen has a very specific vision for her heroine and I can't wait to discover the rest of Reychel's journey in the books that follows Anathema. Once again, thank you Ms.Jensen for the opportunity of reading your book. It was a pleasure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anathema.