Darlene's Reviews > The Mers

The Mers by Ami Blackwelder

Jul 14, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, young-adult, paranormal, mermaid, lending-enabled, kindle, kindle-books-i-own
Recommended to Darlene by: Kindle freebie
Recommended for: Mermaid, dystopia fans
Read from July 10 to 14, 2012, read count: Once but might like a cleaned up copy.

The Mers by Ami Blackwelder was a book full of good ideas, great storyline, and wonderful characters. The characters were well developed. I loved Mira, her boyfriend and her family on the island. I hated Poseidon. I love stories about mermaids. I love stories about dystopia. This had both. But, you knew there had to be a but, the editing stinks. If I notice it, it is pretty bad, I usually can get caught up in the story and over look editing problems. But not this time. And not just that, there were places where it felt the author took the cliché way out rather than using her imagination.

Even still, look, I gave it four stars. I think it's a good read and I think others should read it. I also look forward to reading the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mers.

07/10/2012
4.0% "Oh, wow! This is starting out good! I didn't mean to start reading. I have things to do!"
show 3 hidden updates…