Luke Pappas's Reviews > Three Weeks With My Brother

M 50x66
Oct 27, 11

Read in October, 2011

Book Review: Three Weeks with My Brother
Nicholas Sparks, a well known author has written not just any ordinary novel. The book is not just about an adventure but also about the past life of the Sparks family. Come read and find about the adventures, hardships, and the bond that keeps these brothers together.
The two brothers Nicholas and Micah Sparks take a trip around the world visiting the lost city of Machu Picchu, mysterious Easter Island, the Australian Outback, all the way to Ethiopia, Cambodia, and many other fascinating destinations. Also follow them as they flashback to their childhood and see whats it like to grow up in the Sparks household with there sister Dana, their Mom, and Dad while they face poverty and daily struggles.
Nicholas the main character is sometimes classified as the ideal man. He is faithful, helpful, emotionally strong, and realizes he is not perfect. He loves his family and tries to do the best with what he is given. Nicholas stays strong with his faith after all the distress he has had in his life. On top of all that I think he is a great writer.
The book contains many happy upbeat parts, but also some that are not. Something horrible happens to the mother of the Sparks family, and their little sister Dana is battling a brain tumor. Since all this has happened Micah the brother of Nicholas is beginning to question his faith.
I think the books message is having a close bond with the Lord or someone can help with struggles in everyday life. I recommend everyone to read this book so all can realize how much is helps to have someone by your side, and also to be thankful for what you have.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Weeks With My Brother.

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen I love that you tied in the adventure to a theme. Nice work!