Brendan's Reviews > The Last Thing I Remember

The Last Thing I Remember by Andrew Klavan

Oct 27, 11

Recommended for: People who have nothing more important they could be doing.

Charlie West is not having a good day.
Sheesh. He wakes up this morning, bloody and bruised, strapped to a chair and surrounded by gory instruments of torture. Not to mention the lack of coffee.
Then he escapes from a prison-like building only to fall headfirst into a twelve-foot deep hole. What's with that, huh?
West is a strapping young gentleman. He gets good grades and he has a black belt in karate. And he's been accused of murder.
Well, nobody's perfect, I guess.
The thing is, Charlie doesn't remember killing anyone. In fact, the last thing HE remembers...
Yeah. So we've been told.
This is the plot for Andrew Klavan's "thriller" The Last Thing I Remember. Although the writing itself leaves something to be desired, the plot's solid enough, and the characters keep your attention.
The thing was, this book didn't really blow me out of the water. It draws out what could be said concisely, and, with the exception of the dramatic end bombing scene, doesn't have any edge-of-your-seat moments. It didn't have any lasting impact on yours truly. It is, to put it bluntly, rather mediocre.
But if you got nothing better to do...why don't you find out Chaz's last memory?
At least you can stop wondering.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Thing I Remember.