Jessica's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

Oct 27, 11

bookshelves: novels
Read in October, 2011

This was our Halloween book club pick. I like the original novel and have read it a couple times, but I didn't enjoy this and only read about 2/3 of it. It might have worked as a novella or short story but it just dragged and I never really got into it, plus the zombie stuff was not my thing. I don't like horror, even funny horror.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nina (new)

Nina Leung I'm so happy to see that you reviewed this book. I've been so curious about it, but I hate zombies and anything horror. It's nice to read an opinion from someone I trust, so I will not read it. I love Pride and Prejudice and this book got so much great press and has been on the best seller list and I thought maybe it's really fun. So, thank you for saving me from it!

Jessica The people in the book club who liked it are also horror fans, and two had not read the original. You might find a chapter or two amusing.

message 3: by Nina (new)

Nina Leung Sounds like it's more horror than anything else. Thanks again for reviewing it!