PF's Reviews > The Allegra Biscotti Collection

The Allegra Biscotti Collection by Olivia Bennett

Oct 27, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, fiction

I thoroughly enjoyed this exploration of natural gifts & budding genius in couture. The opening scene was a particularly powerful illustration of the mind of genius at any age, making it surprising when the reader discovers the actual age of the character.

Definitely a girlie book, the rest of the book deals with a tricky balance between adult responsibilities and commitments while struggling with normal social challenges of middle school when you're not part of the in-crowd. The added complexity of the false identity could be used to provoke interesting conversations on protecting child identity/privacy issues vs. honesty. Personally, I'm not entirely sure I agree with how this is handled in the book.

There are a few rough spots in the writing, a few loose ends dangling at the end of the book. I'm not surprised to see a sequel listed. Despite these small issues, I have already recommended this book to friends, and would do so for young women or those entertained by the fashion industry.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Allegra Biscotti Collection.