Sarah (Workaday Reads)'s Reviews > Guardian of Time

Guardian of Time by Linda Hawley

Nov 03, 11

bookshelves: canadian, read-in-2011
Read from October 31 to November 04, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed aspects of this book, and didn't really enjoy other parts. The best parts were the settings, and the relationships and dialogue between characters. I didn't really like developments that Ann's talents took.

The settings were vivid, exotic and magical. Every setting was described so it felt like I was there experiencing it in person. The locations jumped off the page and made the book easy to fall into.

The relationships and dialogue that Ann had with the other characters were every realistic and entertaining. Ann and Bennett's friendship bloomed late, and every interaction was entertaining and fun. Ann and Chow had a very easy friendship. I was a bit thrown by Ann's constant play punching, but the actual dialogue was both serious, fun and enjoyable.

My main concern with the story was the development of and extent of Ann's talents. It just didn't ring true believable with me. I think my main issue had to do with the completely realistic and current setting, contrasting with Ann's talents. I just couldn't buy into them.

Overall, the story was still enjoyable. Quite a few of my questions from the first book were answered in this one. But again with the uber cliffhanger ending?! Why must you do this to me?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guardian of Time.