Jodi Papazian's Reviews > The Education of Hailey Kendrick

Oct 28, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: ya-reads
Read in October, 2011

This is the second Eileen Cook book I've read recently and I am starting to become a real fan of hers.
The Education of Hailey Kendrick was an enjoyable read that I completed in a few short hours. Hailey's character was likeable and she was easy to feel sympathy towards.
I wish that Cook has focused on some of the other characters a bit more so I could have developed an opinion of them. However, for the most part, I just felt indifferent to the majority of them. (This was especially true for Joel - I disliked him an awful lot because of his cowardly behavior. However, I felt that if Cook had spent a little more time on his situation, I would have possibly felt sympathy towards him. He ultimately just ended up fading into the background for me).
The chapters were nice and short which is always a plus as it kept the pace of the book quick. There were some scenes that seemed a bit ridiculous and unnecessary for me, however, Hailey's humorous narration always made them fun.
A good one to recommend to older YA readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Education of Hailey Kendrick.