Heidi's Reviews > Before

Before by Cambria Hebert

Dec 17, 2011

Read in November, 2011

Before

Two lives one light, one dark; One hiding in shadows, haunted by horror and the monster. The other, alive, happy and hopeful. Sam is desperate to escape the evil clutches of the monster, even if it means rescinding his chance to be near Heven. He is a dark moth drawn by an unrelenting desire to seek Heven's glow one last time. Heven, his beckoning ray, is a beautiful girl standing on the brink of teenage bliss; a cheer captain crowning, a handsome boyfriend prospect, friends and popularity, a life brimming bright with possibility. The only thing marring a spectacular, euphoric day is an essay; three pages looming over her head. Ignoring the temptation to cheat, she journeys to the library. A fateful decision that will forever change her world. As she heads home she is unaware of the beast lurking in the blackness, hunting the trail inadvertently left by Sam. It closes in lapping up her footsteps in the dark. A shrill scream shatters the night, piercing Sam's ears. He knows that his moment of weakness has led the monster straight to Heven. Will her glittering light be snuffed out by the blackness?

Before is the prequel to the upcoming novel Masquerade by Cambria Hebert. In this short story she tantalizes and teases with her gripping splice featuring Sam and Heven. This promising gem shows that Cambria is a talented new voice in the Young Adult genre. She offers a tempting taste in her small prequel, that will have you salivating for the rest of the story, to be continued in her debut novel Masquerade, December 16, 2012.

Favorite Quotations:

It's like her shiny blond hair and smile were a beacon to my lost ship.

Things were going so good. They couldn't get any better.  I had no idea how quickly things could change.
Right now to celebrate the debut of Masquerade you can read Before for free at Smashwords!
For more reviews visit my blog: http://rainydayramblings.typepad.com/...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before.

Cambria I loved this review! Thank you so much for taking the time to review ths prequel. I appreciate it. :)

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) I love your review, so well written!!

Cambria very well written indeed!

Heidi Mlpmom wrote: "I love your review, so well written!!"

Ahh gee thanks ladies that really makes my day!

Cambria I hope you enjoy them Sam!! You might even find you have a little somethung in common with ine of the characters!! Lol

Cambria LOL!!!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) Sam wrote: "!!! Okay, now I REALLY want to read it! Very intrigued... :D"

You should, you will really love them both. Cambria is an amazing author!