Hayley's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

Aug 31, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, crime, epic, mystery, own, series
Read from August 06 to 31, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

A fantastic finish to this series. Thrilling, engaging, intellectual, interesting. You never quite know where it's going to go.

Perhaps the only disappointing thingwas the ending - there was a massive buildup to the trail throughout the whole book, and the trail itself was amzing, but then it seemed to go on a little too long with some unless things, before climaxing again and finishing.

But otherwise a fantastic read. I recommend the entir series to everyone, though they're not for the faint-hearted...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

08/06/2012 page 20
4.0% "" 'But how on earth did she handle Nidernmann?'
Blomkvist shrugged. He was as bewildered as Erlander on that score...""
08/07/2012 page 39
7.0% "" "We thikn we should have a party and give you a real send-off in due course,' Malm said. 'But for now, coffee and cake will have to do.'
Berger smlied, for the first time in a long time...""
08/07/2012 page 73
13.0% ""Andersson was not known for handing out praise, and it was definitely the first time he had ever said anythign positive or encouraging to Mdoig. He left her standing by her car in astonishment...""
08/10/2012 page 116
21.0% ""Salander was surprised that the officers had treated her in such a professional, almost friendly manner. She thought about what the Modig woman had said. There had to be some ulterior motive, she decided...""
08/12/2012 page 159
28.0% ""Blomkvist gave in. He had not, in any case, told the whole truth, either to Armansky or to his sister. He still had one or two secrets that he shared only with Salander.
He shook hands with Armansky...""
08/15/2012 page 216
38.0% "" 'But I don't think Sapo is behind this. Blomkvist calls them 'the Zalachenko club', a small group of dormant Cold War mongers who hide out in some hallways at Sapo.'
'So what do we do?' Bublanski said...""
08/16/2012 page 231
41.0% ""She decided that she didn't feel like seeing anyone that evening. Instead she went to bed with a book on the history of the ancient world.""
08/18/2012 page 247
44.0% ""She opened the archive in [Idiotic_Table]. In contained twenty-six documents...""
08/19/2012 page 288
51.0% ""Plague decided to make an exceptional effort and washed the dishes, generally claned up, and opened the windows in anticipation of his guests' arrival...""
08/23/2012 page 348
62.0% ""The draw was empty.
How could I have been so fucking stupid?
On the bottom of the drawer someone had spray-painted the familiar five-letter word...""
08/28/2012 page 417
74.0% ""He looked wary. Then he nodded.
They did not shake hands. She lef ther card key on his desk and took the elevator down to the garage. She parked her MBW near the Millennium offices at a little after 4:00...""
08/29/2012 page 476
85.0% "" 'Shoudl we take this from the beginning?' Edklinth said. 'When did you first start working for the Section?'
ONce Wadensjoo had begun to talk he could not be stopped. THe interview lasted for almost five hours...""