mlady_rebecca's Reviews > Grave Memory

Grave Memory by Kalayna Price

I'd say this series is hitting its stride, but I reread my reviews for the first two books and it's held that level since the beginning.

In this book, Alex and her friend Rianna open "Tongues for the Dead", a PI firm focused on cases where questioning the dead is the focus. Before the ink has dried on the lease, they have their first case, an apparent suicidal dive off a roof produces a ghost who claims he didn't kill himself. And he's just the first strange suicide Alex and Rianna find.

Interesting plotline which involved a not so typical preternaturally baddie. I also enjoyed the subplot involving Alex and her friendly neighborhood grim reaper "Death". For those preferring the other branch of the potential love triangle, Falin was largely absent or emotionally distant during this book.

Alex learns new things about herself, her family, Death, and the grim reapers in general. I'm enjoying the slowly unfolding details. No fun learning everything up front.

Can't think of a single complaint beyond the demand that the author write faster. Unfortunately, I really didn't connect with her other series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Memory.