Danni's Reviews > Identical

Identical by Ellen Hopkins

Nov 25, 11

Read from October 27 to November 25, 2011

I can certainly say that this is one of my favorite books now. In the beginning, I couldn't help but to think what the ending would be like. It never really gives you a sure-fire conflict. I mean, yes, one twin is molested by her father. The other is getting into a lot of trouble with drugs and boys. But while reading it, the whole time I thought maybe their problems would resolve themselves. Once I got to the ending everything made sense to me and I couldn't help but to stare at my wall for a few minutes with my mouth wide open. It was THAT surprising of an ending. I really had no idea that it would be THAT huge. I think I need to re-read it. Just to give myself more of an understanding now that I know what happened. I never want to re-read a book straight after finishing it. I also have to say, I've never read something in this style or with such plot. I wish I could give this book 1000/10 stars. I honestly do. Read this book. The poetry isn't too difficult to read. It's written prose-y and you can certainly read it like a real book once you get by it's format.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Identical.

11/14/2011 page 15
11/14/2011 page 15
3.0% "I feel like this book may take me a while to finish because of all the others on my plate. Does anybody want to read it in that time? Just lemme know. (:"
11/18/2011 page 230
41.0% "I LOVE this book... Probably will finish this book tonight or tomorrow."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea9730 (new)

Chelsea9730 Yes, i was like that to when i got done with the book. It was amazing but in a strange sad way. I enjoyed it.

Amanda I just reread this book. It's been quite awhile since I read it the first time. Its amazing the things you pass over in your mind when you expect something to be one way. Its crazy the innuendos and word choices I noticed that hint at the ending when I have an idea whats coming

Nicole Neustadt I reacted the exact same way when I read the ending! I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shocked I couldn't believe it. I had to reread that part a few times for it to settle in. To me it still doesn't make full sense to me. I guess this is because throughout the whole book when you're reading it there is such a distinction between Kaeleigh and Raeanne that you definitely believe they are two separate living girls. The ending wraps everything up nicely. I'm happy to see the abuse ending and Kaeleigh and Raeanne's lives becoming as normal as they can be. I wish there had been even more to read or at least a second book showing what happened to the dad, mom, Ian and the twins! I could have read on forever!