Ofa Fotu's Reviews > Running Loose

Running Loose by Chris Crutcher

Oct 27, 11

bookshelves: engl-420
Read in October, 2011

This book is really good. It has a lot of realistic teenage voice. it has themes of ...taking a stand...love...remembering...healing...forgiveness...giving your all (having a lot of heart. It follows the senior high school year of your more or less average kid in highschool in - in a rural town in Idaho. The main character is likable and does stupid things in the nature that kids will do (who am I fooling...that I STILL do...) and it is just a really fun, heartfelt read. I think it would apply well for boys or girls as both can relate to the main character's feelings.
I don't know if I could teach it in a classroom because the language is too realistic (ironic, isn't it ;) ) and there is an almost love scene and it would probably ruffle feathers. Maybe college literature has made me somewhat insensitive, but I reckon it is a good read for anyone that isn't looking for a reason to censor a book.
It is really good.

as a side note - "THEY" OUGHT TO MAKE "ALOT" A WORD ALREADY SO WE DON'T HAVE TO KEEP BACKTRACKING OUR TYPING TO PUT A BLASTED SPACE BETWEEN "A" AND "LOT" ....LLLLLAAAAAAMMMMMMEEEE

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Running Loose.