Angela's Reviews > Winter Moon

Winter Moon by Dean Koontz

Oct 27, 11

Read from October 23 to 25, 2011, read count: 1

The more I read, the more I felt like this whole book was a statement on the way life currently is - cops being killed because they were no longer respected, families being harrassed because a film-maker was seen as more important than the cop who saved a life, the world in disarray and an overall lack of civility in the more populated areas.

Jack and Heather are tired of living in LA. Lifelong Angelenos, they used to love their city. Not any more. The city seems to be doing all it can to destroy itself, as well as everyone that lives there. Murder, violence, overall malaise - they're all contributing to a less than ideal environment to raise their son, Toby.

Additionally, Jack's a policeman. An officer injured in the line of duty, which will ultimately change their life forever.

I consumed this book. It read so fast and was interesting to me. I like Koontz's work because there's that level of supernatural to it that yet seems plausible. This was also a very interesting read because it seemed to be taken right out of today's headlines. Housing market in decline, struggling to make ends meet, people being laid off work, police force funds being cut - all of it completely familiar territory.

I also love Montana, so being able to visualize that while reading was a bonus.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter Moon.