Kattie's Reviews > Lean Mean Thirteen

Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich

Jun 03, 08

Recommended to Kattie by: Sarah Miles
Recommended for: Anyone in need of a good comedic mystery
Read in May, 2008

I started reading this book with no expectations, little idea what the book was even about, I just knew that my friend was telling me that I should take it home, read it and pass it on.
The book starts off quickly enough. It doesn't start by explaining who everyone is for the first chapter and a half, but having never read a Stephanie Plum novel before, I didn't feel lost either. I appreciated that the book jumps you right into the story. And the story had you laughing out loud at some of the preposterous charaters who skip bond for one reason or another. Too much caffiene for the author maybe?
All I know is that I am now hooked. After work I am walking down to my corner library, and if I can figure out their stupid self-checkout machine, I am checking out the first in the series to feed my Plum/Morelli/Ranger fix. I recommend this to anyone who needs a light-hearted quick read, and heaven knows I needed it.
The only thing that I would change about this book is that I would extend the denoument to longer than a page and a half. I like a good build up to my ending, and expanding upon the answers that you have been reading the previous 250 pages to get to.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lean Mean Thirteen.