Ren's Reviews > Wicked Nights

Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter

4 stars

Wicked Nights, is the first book of Angels of The Dark, spin-off series from Lords of The Underworld.

Annabelle Miller accused as murderer, and insane. 4 years after the the death of her parents, now she become patient of asylum and endure humiliating things done to her while she actually innocent. Worse, demon track her everywhere, and she never know why. Since Annabelle just a mere human. All change after she met this cold-than-ice angel, Zacharel.

Zacharel is one of the warrior angels and we know about him from Amun's book, The Darkest Secret. His Deity is disappointed with Zacharel's act to murder demon possesed people,even they proven innocent. Zacharel must lead bad behaving angel army or they all will fallen and succumb to the darkness. First meet with Annabelle rose his long dead emotion and passion. Even then he realize Annabele had been marked by High Lord Demon and become its consort, no demons or angels can't stop him to claim Annabelle as his. Now,with demon hot in their tails, Zacharel and Annabelle must find whose demon that target her and ready to face the big war at Heaven and Hell.

Yes, Gena never disappoint me. But I hope she not use the same theme (human-immortal), since the ending is easily predictable.Its make me a little bored since I will know what happen in the end, even Gena give readers some twist that lead us to the next book, Beauty Awakened.

What I love from this book is the characterization. Both Annabelle and Zacharel are easily to loved and adore. Annabelle with her strong personality but deep inside she still fragile after all people she love left her. Zacharel who is... oh, did I forget to mention, he's VIRGIN?? Well, dayum! Virgin hero is one of my favorite, since I always love see their woman lover is their first and last. But not just the fact he's still virgin. Zacharel is alpha, infuriated alpha but he don't hesitate to said sorry. His scene when he cry and ask forgiveness to Annabelle is one of my favorite.

Others characters is likeable too. The angel army feat Thane, Koldo, Xerxes, Bjorn, Axel and Jamila is more likely will be told in the next books. And LOTU fans will happy and rejoice, since the Lords become cameo here, and not just cameo, they have important role too. My disappointment is just I have to see the Harpies again. Sorry, they are my less favorite creatures in LOTU world.

LOTU and Gena fans will ravish this book and love each page of it. Strong characters, full action, fast pace. Even the ending kinda overused, I assure you still can enjoy this. But I suggest to read the Lords of The Underworld first to know the background and some already known characters. Are the angels hotter than the Lords? Well, you must read this book to prove it by yourself ;)

BTW, look for my fantasy cast, both for Zacharel and Annabelle :

Zacharel :

Ummm, hotness overload? ;)

Annabelle Miller

Annabelle is half Japanese half Americans. I want to use Devon Aoki pics, but decide she's too much older for Annabelle that 22 years old.

Review for the cover

Holy Moley Naked Batman!!!
When I think The Darkest Seduction is the hottest LOTU cover, Zacharel's book steal the attention!!The background look too simple, just plain black, but the model pose are outstanding! Look at those abs! Yummilicious! Think if this angel finally find his wicked side?
Pairing of human and angel, I guess in the end the heroine will be immortal, or vice versa. Just sayin ;P

Note : I'm glad Gena make a new heroine for Zacharel.No more harpies, please!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Nights.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shirley LOVE THE COVER!!! Cant wait to get my hands on this one!!!

message 2: by Ren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ren Shirley wrote: "LOVE THE COVER!!! Cant wait to get my hands on this one!!!"

Yes, me too! ^_^
Just sad, with this book, its mean Kane's book will be pushed maybe in 2013

Michelle the Romance Witch i feel ya on the pushing of the other series... hate that, but i have a feeling she was just pulled this way, cant fight inspiration i guess... BUT DAMN that's a hott cover!

Kat (idangerous) I'm happy about this new book, I want Paris and Kane more!! I want to know about poor Disaster, that guy needs someone.

Shannon OMG! This cover is HOT! Thanks for the enlarged version!!!!

message 6: by July (new) - added it

July Love. This. Cover. Another thanks for posting the big version.

message 7: by Ren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ren Thanks guys! :)
Glad to make you all happy. I can't wait to read this book too. And I hope those angel as sexy as the Lord

message 8: by Brittany B. (new) - added it

Brittany B. Omg! I love the cover. This is the best cover for an adult PNR/UF I've seen is a while. It's so rare to see a cool cover. Thanks for posting.

message 9: by Ren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ren Brittany B. wrote: "Omg! I love the cover. This is the best cover for an adult PNR/UF I've seen is a while. It's so rare to see a cool cover. Thanks for posting."

Thanks, Brittany! :)

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana can i read this if i havent read LOTU

message 11: by Ren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ren Tai the Lioness wrote: "can i read this if i havent read LOTU"

Hmm, I'm not sure. Maybe you can read this one first, then reading LOTU :)

Amyiw Where's the snow?

message 13: by Ren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ren Amyiw wrote: "Where's the snow?"

Umm,maybe the shimmering part of the wings is actually the snow?

message 14: by Astri (new)

Astri  Nasthasia Videlia uhm... Love the Cover.. really... xD ... tp, matanya yg cewe kok aga aneh yh Ren.. ;b

Steph Is it just me or does the female protagonist look a little like Megan Fox?

message 16: by Brittany B. (new) - added it

Brittany B. Wolfy wrote: "Is it just me or does the female protagonist look a little like Megan Fox?"

message 17: by Ren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ren Videlia wrote: "uhm... Love the Cover.. really... xD ... tp, matanya yg cewe kok aga aneh yh Ren.. ;b"

Iye, matanya berkaca2 O.O

message 18: by Ren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ren Brittany B. wrote: "Wolfy wrote: "Is it just me or does the female protagonist look a little like Megan Fox?"

I think she looks more like Olivia Wilde. But I def see the resemblance to MF. I love this cover!!!"

Yes, my first thought is she like Megan Fox. And Olivia Wilde look like Megan Fox, Brittany :).
But my friend said, the model look like she has Asian feature on her face.

message 19: by Brittany B. (new) - added it

Brittany B. I agree, I see that too. She does have Asian features. She's so exotically beautiful. I read bad reviews for the book, and it upset me. This is easily my favorite cover of this year, I wanted the book to be as amazing as the picture.

message 20: by Ren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ren Brittany B. wrote: "I agree, I see that too. She does have Asian features. She's so exotically beautiful. I read bad reviews for the book, and it upset me. This is easily my favorite cover of this year, I wanted the b..."

LOL, I never let bad review affect me. Turn when people dislike the book, I usually like it. And Gena never disappoint me =) (well, she does with The Darkest Surrender)

message 21: by Funzee (new)

Funzee Shu Half Japanese ?
Hmm.....
I agree,the cover so hot and 'dark',and the abs....hmm,sooo yummilicious as you said.... =)

Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ I hate the Harpies, especially Kaia the Annoying.

message 23: by Ren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ren Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ wrote: "I hate the Harpies, especially Kaia the Annoying."

Yes, very! LOL, every time I read Kaia The Annoying's part, I almost throw this book.

message 24: by Debi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Debi Holy, I couldn't put this book down!!!! Loved it and the characters and the story line. Can't wait to read some more of this series and have to check out the underworld series also. Awesome.

message 25: by Justyna (new) - added it

Justyna Love the pictures!

beepbop OMG! who did you use for the cast! she's so prettyyy! and yea,I used to let bad reviews decide whether i'd read a book or not, but now I have my own opinion :)

Ethar loved the pictures !

Nr_panda I completely agree with your review. Holy smoke, your cast for Zacharel is drool-worthy.

message 29: by Chantol (new)

Chantol I've read all of the books from LOTU and they were amazing! my friends said i ignored until i finished the series! Now i want to go get my hands of this book. hopefully its as good as i think it will be.

Eli Tengo que admitir que tengo debilidad por el género paranormal, sobre todo con los ángeles y arcángeles. Además de esos vampiros y hombreslobo que no se quedan atrás.

La historia es habitual, pero la desarrolla de forma sensacional ya que tiene en vilo desde el comienzo. Me ha gustado su forma en que cada capítulo que lees tiene un toque de humor, intriga, pasión, amor y fortaleza la historia.

Un primer libro de una serie sensacional que vale la pena leer y que te deja con ganas de más…

Mi calificación es de un 8.