A Tasty Read Book Reviews's Reviews > Baby It's Cold Outside

Baby It's Cold Outside by Addison Fox

Mar 06, 12

Recommended for: Series Romance Lovers
Read in February, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I am sad to say that this was my first book by Addison Fox and I know it won't be my last!

This was the first romance that I have read that takes place in Alaska. I think that was what first intrigued me about this book. All that cold weather and body heat to warm each other up, yep....had to be romantic and steamy...and Ms. Fox does not disappoint.

Sloan McKinley heads to Alaska to help her best friend, Grier, who has been in Alaska for a while trying to deal with her late father's estate. But a half-sister, she never knew about, does not want her to get anything, and the whole town is on her side. Except for Walker Montgomery....*swoon*.....Walker. Just saying his name makes me lightheaded. Walker, one of the towns eligible bachelors, is Grier's lawyer and once he sets his eyes on Sloan, well let's just say that she won't be cold for very long!

I adored Sloan. Maybe it's because I am from the Tri-State Area myself, or maybe because she reminds me of a lot of my friends, who have just past the age of acceptable singledome. She is smart, funny and says what's on her mind, and sometime those traits get her in trouble...hee hee...Walker Mongomery doesn't stand a chance, but neither does Sloan's heart when it comes to Walker, who likes his flings with NO STRINGS.

And fuck it all, Sloan McKinley had strings written all over her.
Commitment strings.
Good Girl strings.
Best friend strings.
And about a million others he couldn't --and shouldn't ignore.

One of the things I liked best about Baby It's Cold Outside is the small taste we get of the next two books in the series, Grier and Mick and Avery and Roman. I AM SO EXCITED!! Not only was the first book of the series GREAT, but the next two are on my Highly Anticipated for 2012 reading list, especially Avery and Roman's book....I love a book about past loves, they are always so packed with emotion and broken hearts. I can't wait!

So, my recommendation is to READ THIS BOOK. You meet so many fun and interesting characters in the fictional town, and the Bachelor Competition, which the story is centered by, will have you cracking-up at certain parts. When it comes to single men and lonely woman in the Alaskan Wilderness, you can't help but get some laughs.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baby It's Cold Outside.

02/12/2012 page 270