Liz Covert's Reviews > The Bone Doll's Twin

The Bone Doll's Twin by Lynn Flewelling

Oct 27, 11

OK, I admit I got this book only because it was called "The Tamir Trilogy." I really enjoyed reading it, and plan to continue the series. The story was creepy and confusing at first, and I considered not finishing the book. But this unique story turned out to be an excellent read! I loved the history and tradition of the kingdom that is shared in detail, and each character turned into a believable person I wanted to know more about. I enjoyed the sorcery, feminism, and moral complexity of everyone in the story. It is difficult to decide who the "good" guys are, which is a refreshing concept in the genre I have been reading this year. I can't wait until I get my hands on book two!

I couldn't decide between 3 and 4 stars ONLY because of unnecessary innuendo, and a sexual encounter that was described over an entire page. There was no reason to be graphic - the actual sex act carried nothing for the story or the characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bone Doll's Twin.