Jennifer's Reviews > About That Night

About That Night by Julie James

Apr 20, 12

bookshelves: kindle, romance
Read from April 14 to 15, 2012

I just finished this and while I did like it more than the last book by Julie James, A lot like love, it still was not on par with my favorites by her. I think the reason it worked better is that James wisely returned to writing a lawyer heroine. Clearly, her knowledge of law and affinity for witty, sexy banter is her strong suit and that is where she should stay! The last book, where the heroine was instead a wine shop owner (and heiress!) just did not work for me. Anyway, about this book!

Rylinn and Kyle have a sweet story. They met one fateful night and both were very interested, but life got in the way of their first date. Ten years later, she is assigned to be his prosecutor in a high-profile federal case against him. Sparks fly, and pesky prosecutor/ex-con ethics get in the way a bit, but they are indeed destined to be together.

What I liked about the book: Kyle. Kyle. and Kyle. What a winning sense of humor, my only laugh out loud moments in this book were from Kyle's internal musings. He was dashing, sincere, and just plain funny. I did not like Rylinn quite as much. She is methodical, very planned out, logical. I appreciated that Kyle brought her out of this a little, but I just wasn't that inspired by her. I did enjoy their banter together though.

If I'm rating my favorite Julie James books, then here they are in order of my preference:
1. Practice Makes Perfect
2. Just the Sexiest Man Alive
3. Something About You
4. About That Night
5. A Lot Like Love

So there, this one is my my favorite, but not my least favorite either!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read About That Night.