Dolly's Reviews > Trouble According to Humphrey

Trouble According to Humphrey by Betty G. Birney

1019021
Nov 05, 11

bookshelves: 2011, childrens, education-school, pets
Recommended for: children starting to read longer chapter books
Read from October 24 to November 03, 2011, read count: 1

This is another fun story in the Humprhey series by Betty G. Birney. I introduced my oldest to these books when I brought the first one home from England as a present. She has really taken to these books and I am so grateful, since she's read virtually nothing but fairy books for the last two years. We both read these books separately and then discuss the plots and themes. These books involve a class of third graders and the stories have a lot of moral lessons that are very age appropriate for children this age.

This story discusses how we occasionally get into trouble and the right things to do when that happens. Some of the scenarios are a bit contrived and overblown, but overall, I think the author gets the point across well. I loved the list of "Humphrey's Tips for Staying Out (and Getting Out) of Trouble!" at the end of the book. They really sum up the main ideas of the book and reemphasize the same things I tell our girls all of the time. We both enjoyed this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trouble According to Humphrey.

10/27/2011 page 48