Jessica's Reviews > Circle of Fire

Circle of Fire by Michelle Zink

Oct 27, 11

I loved the first book of the series. It was creepy, unique and with just the right amount of romance. The sequel was a disappointment and this final book is no different.

The plot was predictable and I felt like the romance overshadowed everything. What I loved about the first book was that it gave me the chills but the last two books were just meh.

The more realistic part of book was Lia's unwillingness to forgive Sonia.It was a bit narrow minded of her but that's what make it believable.

Alice was my favorite character and during the first two books especially on the first, she was really creepy and mysterious but in the finale I felt like she lost all that in place of a love-struck teenager. Her falling for James was also a bit cliche.

James. I liked James in the first book and I was really really disappointed that he was just cast aside like that especially in the second book. Yes, I ship him and Lia but it was fine that they didn't end up together, I just don't like how it happened. This book portrayed James as a narrow-minded idiot who was just using Alice to get over Lia. I felt like his character was wasted.

Lia. Instead of rooting for her, I was just really annoyed since the second book. Everything just goes her way! I felt like she turned into Bella Swan and her Edward Cullen is Dimitri. Their relationship makes me want to puke. Dimitri is too perfect. No one is that perfect. I was expecting for him to be some kind of traitor in the end just so I don't lose faith in this book but I was sorely disappointed.

Overall the book is a must-read if you've read the first two books and had been following the trilogy. But I'm not going to sugarcoat it, I'm fine with the ending but how it getting to it was just bleh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Circle of Fire.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tammie (new)

Tammie I totally agree with your opinions on James, Lia, and Dimitri. And I really dislike when guys in books are too perfect. I too liked the first book way better than the second. I have not bothered to read this one.

Mizuki I'm reading the third book, and I agree with everything you said.