Simeon's Reviews > Watchers

Watchers by Dean Koontz

Oct 28, 11

bookshelves: mystery-thrillers
Read from October 26 to 27, 2011

Unputdownable, with surprisingly deep characterization, and a super-smart dog that runs around adorably.

+ a nightmarish monster that escapes a laboratory and starts munching on the peaceful population of modern suburbia.

An immaculate mix of horror, romance, and action.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Watchers.

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Mauoijenn This is one of my favorite books of all time!!! :) I wish I had a dog like that.

Simeon It really was unexpectedly awesome.

message 6: by Sharon (new) - added it

Sharon Added to my list. Seen this one in the compound library but I don't normally read books with dogs as a rule but after reading Patrick Ness and your review I think I'll give it a go.

message 5: by Ian (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ian (first person omniscient) Made me go back and be more generous with my own rating. I remember liking Watchers quite a lot but I think because I read it so young I let some of Mr. Koontz's lesser works colour my perception of it a bit after the fact... and the movie didn't do it many favors either ~.o

message 4: by Simeon (last edited Oct 28, 2011 01:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Simeon Yeah, it's delightful. Took just over one-sitting to read, and I loved the main characters, especially the furry-faced dog. It's nothing literary or anything, but genuinely enjoyable.

message 3: by Tina (new)

Tina I love 80s Dean Koontz! So much better than his new stuff.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I love this book. I want a big Golden Retriever named Eintein myself!

Apatt In the 80 s he was firing from all cylinders, this one, Twilight Eyes, Phantoms etc. are brilliant. His books since the new millennium are not so hot.