Joshua Coots's Reviews > Paper Towns

M 50x66
Oct 26, 11

bookshelves: english-412
Read in October, 2011

This was, by far, the most enjoyable book I have read in the past few months. The characters were active and well-developed, bringing the reader into the story as much a giving the story a sense of the here-and-now. Quentin was the most believable character, owing in no small part to his point-of-view in the book. The other characters were much more overstated and exaggerated, though I could theoretically attribute that to the reader seeing them through Quentin's eyes. His personality seems to want to see the more eccentric and hyperbolic aspects of those around him to offset his own feeling of lameness.
This book falls squarely into what YA is supposed to be. The pace is almost manic, the characters alive, the extraneous details abbreviated. It also has the clever ability to be slightly edgy in content and language while never really stepping too far over the lines that would make it offensive for school use.
Target readers would be around 10th or 11th grade, though I can definitely see older readers finding just as much enjoyment in the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper Towns.