Tena's Reviews > The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night

The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley

2040014
Oct 26, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, non-fiction, parenting
Read from October 26 to November 11, 2011

I think this book was really helpful to us mainly in that it helped pinpoint why my baby wasn't sleeping well. Once we realized that it was because she wasn't getting enough daytime sleep (naps), she began sleeping much better. She still wakes up at night, but not as much, and she stays asleep longer between wakings. The book has a lot of suggestions on how to help your baby sleep better, and also how to help baby stop relying on sucking to sleep. That particular method didn't work for us, but I don't really need to stop my baby from nursing to sleep, either. It is pretty clear where the author stands on attachment parenting, and breastfeeding, and cosleeping, and it could be really irritating to some readers.
Ms. Pantley has an entire system of journaling your baby's sleep habits in 10-day increments, and making a detailed sleep plan, but we didn't do any of that aside from a few half-assed journals, mainly because my sleep-addled brain didn't remember to write things down every time the baby woke up. I guess that overall, I recommend this book to anyone who is struggling with a baby who wakes frequently. Just keep in mind that it may not work for everyone, though I think everyone can take something away from it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The No-Cry Sleep Solution.

10/27/2011 page 11