Feminista's Reviews > Succubus Takes Manhattan

Succubus Takes Manhattan by Nina Harper

Oct 26, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy

This book is not perfect but it makes a good attempt at it. The thing is, the love triangle is a bit confusing at times. Yes a girl can be in love with two people at the same time, but I felt Lily was a bit confused too. I don't know how to explain this, but at first I was happy that she was with Marten. Especially when she is upset by seeing Nathan at the restaurant, and she commands him to serve her. Not that he was complaining. But that foot massage part was pretty hot. And again when they go shopping at 12 at night, or when he holds her while they sleep, or when he abstains for the ritual. Too cute! But then Marten's image is ruined when he makes the marriage proposal a business deal. At that point I couldn't see any similarities between the Marten before and the Marten after. I don't see why the author allowed such a huge personality change.

And Then there is Nathan. Heartbreaking scene in Vincent's kitchen and then he tells Lily that he'll call her (indirectly). But does he? No. also the scene at the end, he is such a jerk. I get that he is scared, but I also get Lily's Anger. Nathan was starting to look a bit too juvenile for my liking.

There are so many inconsistencies between the characters that it was giving me a whiplash just to read. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book and this is exactly the time of book I was lookin for to read to de-stress, but highly confusing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Takes Manhattan.