Maureen's Reviews > The Way to Cook

The Way to Cook by Julia Child

Dec 27, 2015

bookshelves: cookbooks
Recommended for: novice cooks and foodies alike
Read in January, 1995

If I could only keep one from my vast stores of cookbooks, this would be it. Nearly every page is spattered with batter, or oil, or some other kitchen effluvia. Julia's great jubilation in producing succulent dishes shines through every one of the beautifully composed pages. I come back to it again and again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way to Cook.

05/20/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Love the review, same here but, my main cookbooks are the joy of cooking and "cooking for teens…"( … = full title forgotten(: ) also, off topic, you will receive a friend request in exactly two minutes please friend me!! (is lonely until accepted) :)

Maureen You can't beat Joy> for basic cooking information. I have a WW2 edition, which has lots of recipes with less sugar and butter. Julia's recipes are very basic French cooking. My only quarrel with her is that she makes cornbread from a box mix. Get out there and make some more Goodreads friends! There are interesting people from all over the world on here.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

On friends: yeah!! I know!! goodreads rocks!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

sorry for spamming this up i hate every thing i say once i have said it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

where are you? you have been gone for over 3 months! no reviews for meeeeeeeee XD