Rose's Reviews > Batman Beyond: Hush Beyond

Batman Beyond by Adam Beechen

Oct 26, 11

bookshelves: graphic-novels, batman
Read in March, 2011

One of my all-time-favorite television series (animated or otherwise) EVER returns in the form of a monthly comic book. That's great. What's even better is that it turned out to be so good. Striking a perfect balance between the Timmverse (the collection of cartoon series run by Bruce Timm, such as Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, and Justice League) and the DCU (the printed comic book universe of DC characters), it told a story tying together the comic book Batman with the animated television version. The plot answers questions the animated series had left behind while playing with the mythology of Jeph Loeb's classic Batman series "Hush." There's an amazing balance between tight plot and in-depth characterization. The relationship between Bruce and Terry is strained and then strengthened. There's even a brand-new female character (a new Catwoman) that I absolutely adore. Even the artwork -- a quirky style somewhere between realistic and cartoony that doesn't look a thing like the original series, yet has its own unique charm -- was perfect. It's got everything I could have hoped for in a BB book and then some.

I can't praise this graphic novel highly enough. I've read it several times and can't wait for the next one's release!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Batman Beyond.