Jen's Reviews > The Evolution of Mara Dyer

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Oct 26, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from July 26 to 28, 2012

Originally posted here: http://www.makeshiftbookmark.com/2012...

OH.
MY.
EVER.
LOVING.
HELL.

The Evolution of Mara Dyer has just infiltrated and plundered my brain and I can't sleep until I tell you about it.

You know that feeling that you hope and wish for every time you read a book but, more often than not, are underwhelmed? That notion where, "hey, what good is life anyway if I'm not reading this very book in this very moment?" That moment when you build up this elaborate hypothesis in your brain and you're all, "I KNOW how this should end, why doesn't the author just let me take the reins from here on out, mmkay thanks," but then you're introduced to a conclusion (or cliffhanger, such is the case) that rattles every molecule of your being to the point where you're going to lose your shiz for the next 365+ days until you get that soul-slaying conclusion to one of those most enthralling, possessing series that you've ever read in your 27 years of life?

Yeah, this book has those things.

If you were left scrambled after The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, I have good news for you. You get some answers. (And OH MY GOD, Noah. He loves her so, so much. It's insane.)

But then there's an ass ton of new information that will leave you sitting there with a pen and paper, eyes darting to and fro, trying to divy up your attentions between devouring this book and fiercely mapping out flow charts to try and make sense of what mastermind Michelle Hodkin is illustrating before your eyes.

I did get a little nervous at one point that it was taking a spin towards WTF-territory. But then I learned to bask in the WTFery. I trust where this is going. I always trust the unreliable narrators. It'll all come together, through hell or high water.

I'm sleep-deprived but shameless in my love and devotion to this series and this author. If the world ends before I read The Retribution of Mara Dyer, I will be seriously pissed. Dead, but pissed. I will have no remorse for the amount of poltergeisting I will do.

Preorder. Like now. I will be buying two. (I need one where I can highlight and circle and star and draw gnarly sketches of Noah and Mara kissing, cuddling, getting married in the margins around all my favorite lines. Photographic evidence to come.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Evolution of Mara Dyer.

07/26/2012 page 1
0.19% "!!!!!!!!!!"
07/26/2012 page 25
4.73% "72 hour holds? I KNOW THIS STUFF. (You guys, my life's purpose is to read this very book.)"
07/27/2012 page 93
17.61% "HOLY EFFING EFF. That is creepy."
07/27/2012 page 144
27.27% "I wish I had an older brother like Daniel. He's going all Jamie-Kennedy-in-Scream right now."
show 3 hidden updates…

Kelly AWWW I LOVE NOAH!!

message 2: by Val (new) - rated it 4 stars

Val OMG! So jealous! Can't wait to read it :D Really looking forward to more Noah and Mara :)
Oh, and one question (if you can't answer it, it's okay) does this book have a love triangle or the beginning of one?

Rose I can't wait to get my hands on it! Your review has me determined to ditch work tomorrow and run into my nearest Barnes And Noble lol tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Jennifer YES. What you said. ;)

Jennifer Strand BAHAHAHA! "Dead, but pissed"

I needed to read this review right now. I'm at a serious WTF!!!! stage of this book right now and you've convinced me to keep going. For Noah. <3

Elizabeth Haha.. Loved this review & every you wrote!

Mad Scientist I am just starting this one. You have me excited about it. Very!

Momena Atique Love the idea of buying TWO books and doodling to your heart's content...love the whole review really :-)